Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bagel Recipe

In honor of the Great Bagel Fiasco yesterday I am posting the recipe link I use for bagels that don't make us go crazy! You can find the recipe with photos here. I love the Happy Housewife! Of course, I don't do it exactly as she does. I would post the recipe but her photos make it so much easier to see what it should look like...so head over there...plus she rocks and has all kinds of good stuff!

The last time I made the bagels these are the things I did differently. I left out the gluten. I couldn't find mine. Since then I have cleaned out my freezer and found it...I will use it next time. I do not put the hole in the bagels. This is for two reasons...when I put a hole in them they are as ugly as all get out. And two, we like to have bagel sandwiches and the hole makes them "leaky." And after forming the bagels, and while leaving them to rest for the 20 minutes...I rest them on waxed paper that has been greased and floured...it helps me pick them up to boil them without them getting SO out of shape. Other than that I do just what she says. I love her photos. They really help make it clear. My bagels are much much uglier than hers but they taste yummy! And they don't make us crazy!!!!

Enjoy! This morning we are having strawberry muffins from scratch! It is gonna be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment