Monday, February 7, 2011

Back on Track!

I realized I have disappeared from my little space here on the internet...my goals have also gotten pushed around. It has been a rough January. I am not much a fan of winter really (although I say I like it in the summer). I get bogged down and sedentary and blah! So I was already tired of dealing with the cold and the winter storm hit. We were housebound for several days as our roads were easily compared to a speed skating track....cabin fever hits quick. Although, we only lost power for 25 hours, it still set me back further in my big plans. Plans to simplify, to enjoy each day for what it is, and all that. My house is a pit now which is discouraging. So that is my story and I'm sticking to it. And now back to blogging about something important. I'm just going to start with today.

As it says in the title of this blog, we try to eat no fake food. I am not perfect in this and today I had a miserable failure. Miserable because I think that is pretty much how we all feel and failure because well, I missed it. This weekend we had friends over and since they were getting ready to leave on a cruise (oh the jealousy) they left some things that would go bad in their kitchen before they got back. So this morning I let my boys have a treat...Sarah Lee Blueberry bagels with cream cheese. Everything went downhill from there....and it took till 4 pm (9 hours later) to figure out what happened. Sarah Lee Blueberry bagels have red 40, blue 2, green 3, and blue 1 in them. This has led to yelling, screaming, defiance, and now running in circles...literally. Although days like today are hard on our household, my voice, I'm sure the kids ears, and my general mental state...they are a good reminder why we do what we do and eat what we eat. I will not make this mistake again in a hurry.

So although, my house is a pit, my kids are running like wild pigs through it, and I am tired to the point of tears (almost)...I am refocused. Although I have fallen off the horse I am ready now to get back on it. I am back on track. And I am out of cliches.

I am back to blogging and back to simplifying...I am simply back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment