Wednesday, February 16, 2011

MIA!

I've been MIA and I know it...but all for a good reason. Well, I think it is anyway. My dear hubby took me to STL for Valentine's Day. But wait, although he deserves some credit, he ALSO had to speak at a meeting Monday night so I just got to tag along...but we stayed overnight and then I got to go to Whole Foods! And that is what I am going to blog about today...my love for Whole Foods! I think that is appropriate for the week of Valentine's Day! I will also include my love of Beachy's Grocery where I got to go on Saturday with my mom...it has been a great grocery week!!!

I'll go chronologically...cause that is just how I roll! :)

As many of you likely may not know Beachy's Bulk Foods is an Amish grocery store outside of Arthur. It is "off the beaten path" so if you are going to try to go there get directions, or better yet invite me and I won't miss the turn more than once. There I buy flours, oats, and all my spices. This time I also found dye free pudding mix (WOOHOO!!). So I was able to stock up on all my basics there. There is also a really nice buffet in town that is simply THE best place to eat lunch...I mean if you are up there anyway. :)

I also got to go to Whole Foods. The closest Whole Foods is 2 1/2 hours away so this doesn't happen often. I love Whole Foods but I am probably one of the few who goes there for JUNK FOOD! Since we avoid dye, we can't get candies, or cereal or, well, a lot of things. But at Whole Foods they have good alternatives (albeit pricey). So I got sundrops (all natural M&M's- and SO much tastier), oreos, gummy stars (this was a new find!). We also got some other bulk things quinoa, cous cous, dried cranberries, etc.

Now I feel great cause my cupboards are full! And my belly is empty so it is off to make breakfast for me. I will post about my planned menu and the changes I've made tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment