Thursday, January 13, 2011

I am...

inspired by a friend's post and her efforts to "keep it real." I am going to share a few things about myself that you may not know...although I doubt many are that surprising.

So here are some things about me...

-I am a total food snob- I like REAL food and good food.
-But I will eat pretty much anything once.
-I am overwhelmingly outnumbered by boys in my house.
-I am jealous of mom's of daughters.
-I never wanted to get married or have children.
-I was either going to be a famous singer or a business woman in a big city.
-Neither of those dreams matter anymore at all.
-I was a "goody two shoes" in high school.
-...Not so much in college
- I straightened up when I met my husband.
- I love sweettea (like at McDonalds) more than is healthy.
-My body does not like when I drink it...between the caffeine and sugar I am awake all night.
- "Sweetened tea" does not count and I won't drink it except in an emergency.
-I love to travel...but am too cheap to really go far anymore.
-There are days that I want to chase the big yellow school bus down the road and put my kids on it...
-Most days I try not to be out of bed to see the big yellow school bus go by and therefore resist the temptation.
-I do not like it when random people comment on my size.
-I only volunteer for things I really want to do.
-I would love to have a self sustaining little farm.
-I really like to sew and bake and be a "little Suzy Homemaker" except
-I HATE to clean.
-I still enjoy singing and do it as much as I can.
-I wish I could play ONE instrument well. I can "kinda" play the piano and the drums but neither well enough to be useful.
-I am a yeller. When I am angry, I yell.
-Then I feel bad and I eat.
-My house is never all clean at once. I wish I could make that happen.
-I jump into a pool all at once. I never go slowly down the stairs if I can avoid it.
-I do the same thing with projects.
-Sometimes I regret that.
-I may be a little crazy but in this house, if I didn't start that way I would have probably gotten there anyway. :)


Ok, that is about all I can think of right now. And really probably more than you ever wanted to know. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I am a reformed yeller. I used to yell all the time, but most of the time I try not to. You can tell how bad a day it is though, by if I yell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli....
    You were terrific enough to post this list...so here sare some things that I know about you:
    I was Very jealous of you in High School.
    You are a VERY sweet person...always have been.
    I loved being in the musicals with you.
    I too am Very Jealous of Mom's with Daughters as I too am overwhelmingly outnumbered in my home.
    I also love to be crafty...however I don't know how to sew...and can't cook...so I leave that to the husband!
    I also HATE to clean and I totally know what you mean about it never being all clean at once. I wish I knew how to fix it too...
    I love reading your blog and your facebook posts to see how another mom of boys copes :)
    I thank God for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are .... KELLI!!!! And I love you for who you are...so funny, yet you would be there is I needed you.
    Thanks Kel'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post, Kelli! LOL. Love it when people are "real." I'm probably going to use this idea from Carie soon, too.

    ReplyDelete