Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Monthly Meal Plan: Nov 15 -Dec 15

I plan my menu each month on a calendar printed specifically for this purpose. It is a plain, no frills, big blocked calendar. I like this one from www.donnayoung.org. I print out the month and then put any "special events" (like Thanksgiving, birthday parties, or a revival) that I know are coming up in the month. It may mean I need fewer meals, or food to take to a potluck, or more quick meals so we can get where we need to go. Then I start planning. I have a list of the meals that my family likes to eat. I will share it in another post. I just started putting them in. So here is what we are eating this month. We have a quick meal each Wednesday night (so we can get to Awana and church) and we have "Souper Sundays" all winter. (Yes, I name our meals...I am just that dorky.)

Oh and because of the need for FLEXIBILITY- DO THIS IS PENCIL!!!!

So here is my meal list for this month.

Minestrone
Breakfast for Dinner (either eggs, pancakes, or french toast)
spaghetti
tuna burgers
taco bar
pizza
ham n beans
Roast n potatoes
shepherd's pie
"fruity supper" (AKA Noah's meal) cheese, crackers, fresh fruit & veggies, chips, etc)
corn dogs
corn chowder with Homemade bread bowls
Cornish pasties
pizza
chicken
chili
chicken pot pie
breakfast for dinner
tunas casserole
meatloaf
pasta fagioli
shepherd's pie
BBQ
Fiesta Rice n Beans

So that is what we are eating for suppers this month. There will be changes, substitutions, omissions, and additions (Flexibility-remember). This is especially true during the Holidays. I HAVE to finish my grocery list today as I start my shopping tomorrow. :)

Lunches are simple and I don't plan for them monthly...I do those on a week to week basis on the big dry erase board in my kitchen. I'll share that someday too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment