Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Swiffer "broom"

So I bought one of those swiffer "brooms" years ago and thought I was SO cool! It was going to be so convenient. I bought all the hype. It did not work like it does in the commercials. We have BIG dirt here that does not stick to the "3D disposable cloth." I stick with an "old school" broom and an industrial sized dust pan. But I still have it and I have a box of the cloths. It's biggest purpose has been to trip me when it falls over and I walk through the dark laundry room.

But today I found a use for my Swiffer broom. In my living room I have a dark brown wall. It looks like chocolate. We also use wood heat in the winter. We just finished laying a ceramic hearth for our wood stove and cleaning the chimney. We've also got the woodstove burning. Plus I hate to dust. All of these things do not make for a pretty wall. So I took that broom and swiffered the wall. It worked like a dream! I didn't even need a chair and at 5 feet tall I ALWAYS need a chair. So the swiffer broom has redeemed itself and I may have walls that are not covered in dust and cobwebs since it was so easy. I even did "extra" walls since it made the brown one look so nice. And I didn't break a sweat or sneeze once.

Yeah for me. I feel accomplished. I have clean walls. Make sure if you come over you take a look at them...but only in the next week or so...after that they will probably start getting dirty again. :)

Now, maybe I am on a roll and I should keep going...clean the ceiling fans and vacuum. Or maybe I should pace myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment