Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Apple Pancake

I got this recipe from www.homeschoolshare.com in their "maple syrup" lapbook. We are doing the lapbook this week and I thought I would go ahead and try the recipe. It is a keeper!

2 large cooking apples, sliced as for pie (I used 3)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup sugar
pancake batter

Heat oven to 450 degrees, In a 9-10 inch skillet, saute apples in butter over medium heat until tender. Remove skillet from hear and sprinkle with nuts. Pour pancake batter over apples and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake 15 minutes or until pancake is puffed and sugar is melted. If oven proof skillet is not available, bake in a 9-10 inch pie plate.

** I left out the pecans because we didn't have any. I used Jiffy baking mix and made 1 batch of pancakes-next time I will use my own homemade pancakes because they are so much better. I also used my square 9 inch baking pan and it worked just great! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment