Thursday, March 10, 2011

Working the monthly menu!

So I've been working on making this less work in coming months. I'm hoping I've devised a good plan. I put all of our favorite meals (and some not so favorites but that are good for us anyway) on a menu...think like at a restaurant. They are divided into categories so when I sit down to plan a weekly meal, I can choose from different categories and have a variety. Also, I can choose from the crock pot section when I know that I will be gone all day but need a meal ready for the evening, etc.

These are my categories: Casseroles/one dish meals, Deer/Beef, Breakfast for Supper, Chicken & Fish, Fast & Finger Foods, In the Crockpot, Ethnic Meals, Soups. I also have a category for Sides, Breakfast, and Lunch. Of course, there are meals that "cross over" from one category to another. I list them in the category that I associate them with in my mind. For example, although beef stew is made with deer (at my house), I always make it in the crock pot and it is one of those meals I like to use when I am too busy to cook in the evening...therefore, it goes in the crockpot category. The only things I doubled up and listed in more than one category is the "supper" meals I also make for breakfast or lunch...

Gonna make my grocery list now.

I will list my meals by category tomorrow. Still working on filling it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment